GDPR - Privacy Notice
Moreton Upholstery takes the protection of your data seriously. It may be necessary for us to collect some information from you if you contact us and this page sets out how we use and protect any personal information you may provide us with via this website.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, you should therefore check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. The date of any updates or amendments to this Policy will be made clear at the top of the page.
Who we are
Business / traders name:
28 High St, Bideford, Devon EX39 2AN
What information do we collect?
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information - such as your name, address, phone number, email address, job title - that you send us when you use our services, complete a contact form, sign up to our newsletter or mailing list or make a purchase etc.
- Information - such as your name, address, phone number, email address, job title - provided by you in any communications that you make with us by email or phone
We do not use third party tracking software but our server may automatically collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns such as the browser type, IP address, referring site, and the date and time of each visit. Our hosting provider may provide this data to us which we would only use to see how many visitors we receive to various parts of the website and to assess the effectiveness of any other forms of advertising we may undertake. We do not use this information to identify anyone.
How do we use personal information?
Information we collect helps us understand your needs, keep in contact (if required) and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Administering our website and business.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
Legal basis for processing your information
We may legally process the information we have about you because:
- We have a contract with you
- It is in our legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services we provide.
- You have given us permission to do so
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased something from us
- To comply with the law.
When do we share personal data?
Any personal information collected via the web site is treated confidentially and only used for the purposes of conducting our normal business operations and communicating with and providing services to existing and potential customers.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to by law or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of your personal information.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access of, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers and computers.
Please be aware that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
How long will you keep my personal information?
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary. We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law.
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it.
- For as long as contractual obligations require us to.
- Until you request us to stop using it.
We will take all reasonable steps to securely dispose / delete your data after we no longer need it.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you have the following rights to access and control Your personal data:
- Access to personal information
– you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Correction and deletion
– you have a right to ask us to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete or request we completely delete all information that we hold about you.
- Withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- If you have given us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time,
- Data portability
– you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Restriction of processing and objection
– you have the right to object to or restrict certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal information we hold on you, please email or write to us at the following address:
Moreton Upholstery, 28 High St, Bideford, Devon EX39 2AN.
We will respond to your request within one month of receipt of the request.
You can exercise most of your other rights, such as asking us to correct or remove information, by emailing:
or by writing to the above address.
The only reasons we may deny requests regarding objections to processing of personal data is if we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that we have not responded fairly to your requests. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded and stored on your computer when you visit a website. Most websites use them but the information they contain varies from website to website. They can used for example to enable a website to remember your preferences, remember what you have put in your shopping basket, or count the number of visitors to each web page.
We do not use any third party Cookies or third party analytical software.
For more information on Cookies and how to control and manage them please visit this link
Links to other websites
How to contact us
You can get in touch if you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, or your personal information:
28 High St
Devon EX39 2AN